It can make you feel better or terribleRead
No refined sugars
No artificial ingredients
Metta uses adaptogens which work completely different to stimulants in that they help support your bodies natural processes. What you end up feeling is the improved mental and physical performance and not the jolt of caffeine.
PRO TIP: These herbal extracts need a little help to dissolve. Swirl them as needed.How it works
RhodiolaClarity of mind
How it works:
Rhodiola has been traditionally used to promote mental clarity and acuity. Recent studies have shown that it enhances permeability of the blood-brain barrier, allowing dopamine and serotonin to circulate more easily, stabilizing your mood naturally.
- Increases time to exhaustion, peak oxygen consumption (VO2), peak carbon dioxide output (VCO2), and pulmonary ventilation (Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2004;14:298-307)
- Prevents skeletal muscle damage following intense exercise (J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2010;50:57-63)
- Significantly increased maximal oxygen uptake (Chin J Integr Med 2009;15:177-83)
- Reduced mental fatigue, improved subjective well-being and improved mental performance (Phytomedicine 2000;7:85-89)
- In sleep deprived people improved tests of mental processing and short-term memory (Phytomedicine 2003;10:95-105)
- Improves attention, accuracy, and speed in tired individuals performing stressful cognitive tasks (Phytomedicine 2010;17:494-9)
How it works:
Ginseng powerfully combats fatigue and exhaustion.It also improves immunity, increases stamina, and benefits brain function. Ginseng works synergistically with the other herbs in Metta to enhance physical output and performance.
- Improves abstract thinking, attention, mental arithmetic skills, and reaction times (Nutr.Neurosci. 2001;4(5):399-412)
- Improved sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction (Int J Impot Res 2013;25(2):45-50)
- Decreases the relative risk of getting the flu or common cold by 65% compared to placebo (Drugs Exp Clin Res 1996;22:65-72)
- Improve sexual arousal and satisfaction (J Sex Med 2010;7(4 Pt 1):1469-1477)
- Reduce hangover symptoms by approximately 66% (Food Funct 2014;5(3):528-34)
- Might improve self-rated quality of life (Curr Ther Res 1994;55(1):32-42)
How it works:
Astragalus root is a powerful adaptogen that has been traditionally used to boost immunity and protect against allergies, colds, and flus. In Metta, astragalus works with the other ingredients to boost energy and clarity.
- Increases time to exhaustion and reduces recovery times compared to placebo in young athletes (Acta Pharmacol.Sin. 2002;23(8):757-761)
- Improves symptoms such as rhinorrhea, sneezing, and itching compared to placebo in adults with seasonal allergic rhinitis (Phytother Res 2010;24:175-81)
How it works:
This small, red berry has been used for thousands of years in Chinese herbalism to promote longevity and vibrant health. In Metta, it takes on the special role of nourishing and supporting the adrenal glands.
- Improves concentration (American Herbal Pharmacopoeia 1999;1-25)
- Improves attention, as well as speed and accuracy, on cognitive tasks in stressful situations (Phytomedicine 2010;17:494-9)
- Improves coordination and endurance (American Herbal Pharmacopoeia 1999;1-25)
The flavor is berry, ginger, lemon
with a hint of schizandra
- Calories 25
- Total Carbohydrate 7g 3%
- Total Sugars 6g
- Vitamin C 4mg 4%
- Vitamin C 4mg
(as riboflavin) 69%
- Vitamin B3 10mg
- Vitamin B6 1mg
(as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 59%
(as calcium d-pantothenate) 100%
Frequently asked questions
What makes Metta special?
Metta is built around adaptogenic herbs. These are amazing plants, that grow in the most inhospitable environments on earth. They develop amazing qualities to survive and when we ingest them, we feel these benefits. They work completely different to stimulants in that they help support your bodies natural processes. What you end up feeling is the improved mental and physical performance. This means these beautiful little plants can help you feel great, so you can get more done.
Does it Actually Work
Honestly, fair question. We are just as skeptical as you. Every new product makes bold claims. Luckily these herbs have been used effectively for thousands of years and have been vindicated by countless clinical studies. We didn't invent adaptogens (we wish we did), we just brought them to you in a convenient, delicious format.
What Else Is In There?
Another good question. There are so many good products out there, they have awesome ingredients, but then they ruin it by adding artificial flavours and preservatives. We made sure that we kept things as simple and as natural as possible. We use a splash of real fruit to flavour Metta and then we gently sweeten it with stevia. We are incredibly proud of our ingredients and will never try to hide them from you.